PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cardiff City Footballer Feared Missing after aircraft disappeared near Channel Island
Old 29th Oct 2021, 14:31
Midlifec

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The “can of worms”

Of course whilst Henderson is quite rightly being prosecuted after many years of making money out of the illegal charter business, the worms in the can mentioned by Henderson in his text message wriggle on- at least three of the witnesses called to court have been facilitating the illegal provision of unlicensed charter flights throughout Europe, only more recently under the guise of cost sharing, one case with which I am familiar where the pilot had no valid licence, no medical and the aircraft was significantly out of check, suffered an inflight failure and landed at a very strange choice of unserviced airfield ..... of course if I or anyone else were to name names here I’ll be shut down within hours as several of the culprits appear to be registered users of pprune. The CAA of course didn’t bother their arses until the unfortunate Sala was killed, that said it still appears unclear whether they will now properly investigate the entire criminal setup, easy to start with those listed witnesses from this case who are or have been the registered owners and sometimes maintainers of aircraft on both the US and UK register, perhaps regular attendees at European race events and football matches. Just saying, this accident was entirely preventable had the CAA taken a firm stance and engaged with the police several years ago.