PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airbus oldy now a 737 newby………help!
Old 29th Oct 2021, 01:18
oicur12.again

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Airbus oldy now a 737 newby………help!

So a recent move has seen me jump from decades of bus flying to training up on the 737NG.

We are halfway through our sim training and I have some thoughts I would like to throw out in case any wiser heads would care to contribute.

1. When cleared for any VNAV path approach we set the MCP window to airfield elevation. This slightly complicates the missed approach as the PF must remember to ask for the missed approach altitude to be set once heading uphill like a cut cat! Is this a common procedure amongst 737 operators and is there a reason why we cant set the missed approach altitude once on final (I have not been permitted to try!)

2. I have never before seen takeoff performance catering to windshear including an increased VR speed as we have on the 737. I no longer have access to an Airbus FCOM but once upon a time it said “known or suspected” windshear we must “delay or divert”. And yet we are launching the 737 with known windshear! Am I missing something here? Is the Boeing windshear proof?

3. I realized today that the ND is a track up display and the rose below the PFD is a heading up display. Is this a customer arrangement and can it be changed by the crew? I find it awfully confusing to have different presentations.

Thanks in advance for any musings you may have,

cheers