PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cardiff City Footballer Feared Missing after aircraft disappeared near Channel Island
Old 28th Oct 2021, 16:19
jumpseater

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by anothertyke
But what are the implications for public policy?

Is this a rogue event in the sense of being a real one off? Or is it the tip of an iceberg?

And if the latter, how does the regulator enforce the requirements around hire or reward? Even the definition of 'an operator' seems to have been challenged in this case.
Public policy, not a lot I think(see enforcement below). It will likely make organisations who arrange transportation of high net worth celebs and similar, look more closely at who is actually working for them and how and what insurance is in place. I suspect insurance claims can now follow and that won’t be good news for any sole traders involved in the Sala trail.

Its almost certainly the tip of an Iceberg. I imagine when sentencing the number of previous flights uncovered in the investigation may be taken into account, ie just how often various laws were known to have been broken.
Enforcement, the structure is almost certainly there, ramp checks for example, whether the manpower/time resources are though…

The defence expectedly challenged ‘operator’, if the late PIC could be defined as the operator, rather than the facilitator who actually put the whole flight in place, they (defence) could walk away saying ‘not our problem, the pilot done it’