PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight deck positions at FlyDubai Master Thread - Merged
Old 27th Oct 2021, 07:33
javiercarom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi all,

For those people saying money is enough or not atFlyDubai... It depends on everyone needs. I have read someone who says that for a single pilot without family is enough, other with family is ok... someone says that it is enough with or without family,.... it is subjective, and at the end money is not the most important thing. We are suppose to be passional workers, professional pilots. Not "money seekers". I mean sometimes (most of the time) money is not the most important thing. I am a former Captain in a Latin America airline (Expat!) earning about 7000 - 8500 USD monthly, as a CAPTAIN. In flydubai is less than a FO do, but anyway my wife and I we was a happy family there.

We thought to go to Middle East.. maybe Qatar, Emirates, FlyDubai, even China, to make more money... but we was happy there (Happy wife, happy life!) and we decided not to move. I was in a great airline, perfect maintenance and great destinations and layovers.

Thanks of COVID I have a year and a half without flying, waiting for FlyDubai interview at DXB... Now I need to fly anywhere, just to be in the market again. Bad roster at FZ? Wow, a ROSTER!! Not enough money? WOW, MONEY. Night repetitive long flights? WOW, FLYING. And im applying as a FO because I would need to fly 150 more flight tome to apply as a Captain, but I don't mind. I have other options opens and the first to give me the OK, I would go there.

So, my point is that every individual has their needs. If flydubai pays me, would be the best company. Thats my point right now thanks to our friend COVID.