PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - COP26 Restrictions
View Single Post
Old 26th Oct 2021, 16:42
biscuit74

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
I used the Notam Info Flight Planning Map web page; in the relevant Notam they quote it mentions GNSS as well. As Maoraigh1 said, I expect any known frequencies may be jammed. The fact the Notam also gives a contact number for 'emergency shutdown' of jamming only, suggests that any aerial work relying on GPS coverage will be impossible, Handy - do these characters actually think, or just knee jerk the first control freak nonsense which springs to their minds?

As for the "Sun" and its sensationalist BS, I do hope any 'shooters' recall how well their various follies around Gatwick went. If they start to try to down drones working using GPS navigation, they might be surprised where the darn things end up. That can be fairly random. Of course this is reported by '"The Sun", not well known for accuracy or detail thinking.

Mind you, the thought of Police Scotland with 'EMP' kit of any strength.(whatever that actually means !) is rather worrying anyway, especially for anyone in the Central Belt. For all their undoubted talents, our Police really don't do subtle terribly well; I can imagine all sorts of ways this could go 'orribly wrong !
Faraday's cages, anyone?

Last edited by biscuit74; 26th Oct 2021 at 17:44.