PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight deck positions at FlyDubai Master Thread - Merged
Old 26th Oct 2021, 14:12
AIMINGHIGH123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I did my homework. I have friends that have been living in Dubai for 20 years and love it. I have friends that went to Dubai and lasted 6 months and hated it. I have a friend who lives in AUH. Loves it. She lived on Kensington High street in London, one of the nicest places to live in London but she hated London life.

Anyway I messaged my mate and he said to get a loan for a car he just had to provide 6 month of pay slips. 3 months he had no bonus because of the pandemic but they took the average.

Yes he did get a deal in the pandemic but they are planning to move to a 3 bed in a few months and will save around 30-40k.

You are clutching at straws saying people that leave Dubai/FZ etc are happier. People as a whole will say they are glad they left blah blah. That’s human nature. Very few say oh I wish I stayed at blah blah. Loads of Jet2 guys I met came from FZ and none actually said they hated it. They saved up enough to buy a property back here in UK and wanted to be back close to family.

No one will be 100% happy. I know a guy that left BA 787 position and went back to EK. He hated BA. Some would say that’s mad. My best mate isn’t interested in any jet job. All he wants to do is fly TP even though the pay as a captain is half what an FO and FZ gets in a year. Maybe less actually (£50k? 250k AED a year). The point is he is happy.
Just accept you hated FZ/Dubai etc but others love it. In fact maybe flying is not for you at all.

Last edited by AIMINGHIGH123; 26th Oct 2021 at 17:32.