PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF mandates Vaccine
View Single Post
Old 26th Oct 2021, 11:41
De_flieger

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Talkwrench
Has anyone heard any rumours on Qantas' requirement to for it's employees to upload unaltered covid 19 vaccination certificates (which includes ones IHI) as evidence to Qantas of vaccination status?

I have heard rumours of concern from various parties about issues around providing your employer with your IHI.

I heard Virgin wanted to do the same thing but have changed their mind when a union was moving towards challenging it in court.

Does anyone know if Qantas will also change their mind and simply accept sighting ones digital covid 19 vaccination certificate (which obviates any concern about recording IHIs) rather than uploading it (and IHI) to their records?
The International Covid-19 Vaccination Certificate designed with ICAO doesn't have the IHI details on it, just your name, date of birth and passport as well as details of exactly which vaccines were administered when. If people are concerned about their IHI being known to their employer the ICAO International Certificate *may* be able to be used in lieu of the Medicare certificate (from a technical perspective - I don't know what your HR or management think, but from a commonsense perspective it should do the job). If you want to get the internationally recognised certificate with the QR code on it, it was a 2 minute job, if that, through MyGov, the most time consuming part was finding my passport. If you're able to log into MyGov to get the Medicare certificate that has the IHI number on it that people are concerned about, it's not much more effort at all to get the International Covid-19 Vaccination Certificate, a couple of dozen keystrokes, which doesn't have that IHI number on it.

Out of curiosity I downloaded the VDS-NC app that compressor stall mentioned - a 15 second job, tops - and it works as advertised...point phone at certificate and it says "This certificate is authentic, De_flieger, Date of Birth 1/1/1111 Passport Number 12345678 was vaccinated with this on these dates".

So I know that doesn't exactly answer your question, but there are alternative secure methods that can demonstrate your vaccine status to your employer without revealing your IHI number to them, and if you're wanting to keep that IHI private your company should be able to use them.