PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How good is Alliance!!!!
View Single Post
Old 25th Oct 2021, 00:12
DanV2

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Zhoottoo
REX annual results out today and surely it will be a train wreck. The Australian speculating Bain circling to pick up the PAG mess that was never ever going to fly. My money is on Alliance after their record earnings. Makes perfect sense - especially as a low cost capacity provider to VA - and they sure love buying stuff!!The big question among those who will be watching is whether its major shareholder, PAG, continues to support Rex and whether the National Party will also stand behind the national carrier.

Others wonder whether Bain Capital may swoop after last year acquiring Virgin Australia out of voluntary administration......
Only possibility I could see Bain getting involved in PAG's REX is that if REX's jet division files liquidation. One of the few things that are valuable would likely be airport slots, that's pretty much it.

777's Bonza may be a dark horse for RexJet but extremely unlikely.

I don't think Bain would be interested in picking up the leases of the former VA 738s at REX considering it was reported at least half of that fleet were the least reliable of the 738s when they were in the VA Mk1 fleet.