PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Reflections on the appointment of a new CASA PMO
Old 23rd Oct 2021, 23:13
Clinton McKenzie

Received 255 Likes on 125 Posts
Originally Posted by Sandy Reith
... I’m sure I’m not the only one that feels the stress building as one approaches each annual AVMED contest. ...
Yep. In one of my submissions to one of the inquiries I said that my interactions with CASA Avmed are now the single most stressful events in my life. And I lead a pretty busy and stressful life!

Each interaction with or insight into CASA Avmed in the last half a dozen or so years has involved some new insult to my intelligence or integrity, or some unlawful behaviour on CASA Avmed’s part. From two pairs of glasses required in the DAME’s clinic, to my ASIC photo showing up in the MRS, to patently absurd ‘restrictions’ that aren’t restrictions on my medical certificate, to decisions dictated by policy without regard to the individual merits of the case, to refusals to consider evidence and make decisions during an arbitrary period plucked out of wherever, to questions in the MRS described as ‘stupid’ by medical professionals, to the kinds of circumstances revealed by submission #56 to the current Senate Committee inquiry in general aviation: These are all manifestations of a cultural mindset ignorant or dismissive of the law and practical reality.

All in the name of one of the nobler of the noble causes of course: The ‘safety of air navigation’.