PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 23rd Oct 2021, 00:46
dr dre

Received 357 Likes on 196 Posts
Originally Posted by smiling monkey
Well, no-one thought Network would be operating ex Jetstar aircraft painted in Qantaslink colours. And I wouldn't be surprised if these Network A320s start doing Jetstar routes out of Perth to Bali and Singapore.
At the moment those ex JQ 320s have issues doing any sectors at all....

Like others have said there’s always this thought of a “grand conspiracy” to eradicate mainline. If that were to happen wouldn’t the biggest shock to commercial aviation since WW2 have been the perfect catalyst to do it? And what has been the reality, a pay freeze on the next EBAs? That’s it? That’s substantially better than a lot of other airlines including Australia’s other airline.

If management have this overarching idea to get rid of mainline they’re not very competent or willing to carry it out as far as I can see.

Originally Posted by SHVC
As long as Lord Daddy has his way, there will be no flights to Bali anytime soon. End of 2022 of you're lucky.
I always look at what’s written between the lines. Statements that full domestic schedule to all states from Perth is due to reopen Feb 1 (post school holidays).

And a cryptic but telling comment in the last press release that enough information on travel and border policy has been gained from all states is now sufficient to stand up all crew now with no plans for any more stand downs. Now as a big proportion of crew, especially CC, are needed to operate widebody transcons then these statements and actions wouldn’t have been made if behind the scenes airlines weren’t being told more about reopening plans than governments reveal in press releases because I don’t think they would hesitate to stand down any crew if they needed to.

It’s like the CEO of Cricket Aus saying he’s very confident after negotiations the 5th Ashes cricket in Perth will go ahead as scheduled 5 days after the SCG test, so obviously he (as a business leader, like airline managers) are being given more information than us plebs are given through the mass media.