PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NETJETS Europe hiring again
View Single Post
Old 22nd Oct 2021, 17:54
Globally Challenged

Received 9 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by flyboy146
A rather pre emptive query for those who are UK based drivers. Are the contracts issued UK contracts and paid in GBP? Given Brexit I am scratching my head regarding how one can be given a EURO contract......
Brexit and the eurozone are slightly different as I’m sure you are aware and the UK is one of several gateway countries with their own currency. There are (according to my mortgage broker) many more USD paid UK Tax payers than EUR and Brexit has nothing to do with them either 😜.

The weird thing won’t be apparent to you yet is that we are (apart from our Portuguese colleagues I believe) all employed by the London based NetJets Management Limited 🤯. Getting local contracts is a very hot topic for the union currently to ensure that local social security is paid this giving seamless access to local services … we are not quite there yet but maybe soon (I think there may even be some pending legislation that will finally force the situation anyway).

Anyway - to answer your question. Your contract will be fixed in euros and you can choose monthly whether you want the company to send your bank the euros (and allow them to convert them to your home currency) or the company will convert it for you (they publish the exchange rate they will use about a week in advance and this will be the average of what the exchange rate was for the previous month) and you can get paid directly in your own currency.

You will be able to download a euro payslip and one in your home currency.

Last edited by Globally Challenged; 22nd Oct 2021 at 18:07.