PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Very VERY Bad Sim Nerves
View Single Post
Old 21st Dec 2003, 02:14
countdechickens

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am touched by the many genuine and sincere contributions on this topic, both here and by private message. I’m sure that a combination of techniques suggested may provide success, although Mrs Countdechickens is less than enthusiastic about being shagged by a toe twiddling drunk and then dumped, especially with Christmas approaching.

It has come to light that I am in good company seeking a solution to sim nerves. Apparently there are several other pilots (FO and Capt) already receiving the attentions of a ‘counsellor’. As the Airline is small this is a high percentage and leaves me asking what (who?) is leading to such widespread sim dread.

Having done a bit of research of some of the suggestions (could only ignore the kid for 2 minutes) I am curious as to the dangers of beta blockers if one’s resting HR is 46 (due to training rather than a condition). There use is somewhere near the bottom of my preferred options but they were described somewhere in the net as ‘the best kept secret’ for musicians, public speakers, and ‘skill’ type sports which seems very close to the sim environment.

I would describe myself as an open minded sceptic, if that’s not mutually exclusive, so would not discount homeopathy as suggested privately. Speckled hen at 5.4% alcohol takes 3 pints to make me dizzy so a drop of rose petal water diluted 1:50K does not inspire confidence but am willing to give it a go.