PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cardiff City Footballer Feared Missing after aircraft disappeared near Channel Island
Old 21st Oct 2021, 12:32
WHBM

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by biscuit74
I'd really like to see the CAA put some serious effort into overseeing and policing some of this rather better; it seems that much effort is put into the easy stuff, which is of little import but simple to deal with.(Understandable, admittedly!)
These potentially doubtful operations appear to get left alone, perhaps as too difficult to pin down. I'd also suggest that any aircraft, especially a light aircraft, kept in the UK long term, but still on the American register, needs more careful oversight. What are the underlying reasons, justifications for that? I'd expect the CAA to check on that, at least
Not understandable, actually. It may be easy for an organisation (particularly, it always seems, a public one) to go for the "Low hanging fruit" in enforcement, to find documents signed in the wrong box and such like, and to turn blind eyes to what everyone else sees as obvious transgressions. But it shouldn't be.