PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gatwick-3
Thread: Gatwick-3
View Single Post
Old 21st Oct 2021, 10:22
gdiddy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
vectisman

While I am sure Wizz are still keen to grow at Gatwick, I think growth in the UK is going to be slowed...

With the UK having different travel restrictions to the rest of Europe, and only recently the rules being relaxed, I think the airline has had their feet burnt and reluctant to grow at the rates they were trying to a year ago.

For example their Cardiff base was postponed by a year.

At Luton their main UK operation, they are gradually restoring routes at quite a pace, but frequencies are quite reduced. Budapest use to see 4 return flights a day, that is currently 2 flights a day and Warsaw was 3-4 flights a day, that is currently 1-2 a day.

As far as I am aware, Wizz have not gained new slots at Luton, but managed to recently announce routes to Rome, Venice, Naples, Ljubljana, Odessa and a whole host of other destinations earlier in the year to Spain, Greece and Turkey. All squeezing them in within the current slots they have available.

Maybe that will mean Wizz will start already established routes to London from Gatwick and just spread the daily frequencies to airports both north and south of London?