PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 20th Oct 2021, 07:12
aviation_enthus

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Dannyboy39
It seems to be a question thrown at every country at this point, and it remains relevant here.

Theoretical scenario: I could live with a mate who has an Australian passport (I’m British). We could work in the same office, drive the same car, get the same public transport, go to the same bars and restaurants and the same stadiums. We are both fully vaccinated for months in what is a waning immunity after 6 months.

Come Nov 1, he is accepted across the Australian border yet I am not. Why is that? Is it about a virus?
There is no difference between your mate and you.

But perhaps in some small way the Australian Government is feeling a little bit guilty over the way they’ve treated Aussies on the “wrong side” of the border for almost 2 years. Allowing a small snippet of sympathy and letting us buy tickets first is a small luxury after being royally ….. for the last 2 years.

To add, the flights I can see into Sydney are filling rapidly well into November already. So this idea that we “need” tourists to generate demand is rubbish. Clear the backlog and give Australians a chance first. Maybe in December when Victoria opens up, then they can make it open to anyone.