PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glen Buckley and Australian small business -V- CASA
Old 20th Oct 2021, 05:46
AerialPerspective

Received 77 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by Paragraph377
What a stupid article. Full of fluff and hollow statements. I mean, wow, Pip has a long history of ‘observing’ aviation. Woohoo! How encouraging. Has she spent time at the aircraft viewing area at Brisbane airport? Does ‘viewing’ mean watching the cabin crew from Seat 1A? And she has an ‘interest’ in aviation. Again, what does that mean? Does she own Qantas shares or have a niece or nephew that works in aviation?

Let’s be serious; a career bureaucrat does not know the working parts of this industry. She has no idea. She does not understand the negative impact that ‘her’ agency has had on Australian aviation. She does not understand the impact an outdated civil aviation Act and pisspoor regulations have had on the aviation industry. She does not understand how badly her agency has mistreated parts of the aviation industry and engaged in malfeasance and misfeasance.

Message to Pip - you aren’t in charge and neither is your Board. You are a toothless tiger. You are there to ensure that your beloved Minister isn’t embarrassed by any of your agency’s shenanigans. You are there to act as a bullet proof vest to ensure your Minister is never held to account for the shortcomings of your agency. You are a shield of Teflon for your Minister.
Tootlepip
I don't know the person and I'm sure you're absolutely correct in what you suggest - however, sometimes it takes someone from outside to spot the rot in an organisation. Not that that was the case with Qantas in the late 80s when the last of the old guard had departed the CEO ranks, I heard a lot of derogatory remarks about why we needed this Canberra bureaucrat to come in and run the company, they were talking about John Menadue who turned out to be one of the best CEOs in any company I've worked with - given, Menadue already had a business career as well as a diplomatic and public sector career but I just mention it as a cautionary tale - but despite making that observation, I fully expect that in about 12 months I'll be saying "Paragraph, you were right".......