PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 19th Oct 2021, 00:37
KRviator

Received 123 Likes on 62 Posts
Originally Posted by SHVC
So, who or what has changed Anna stay away to Anna come my way?! Watching her this morning and she thinks what she has done and said in the past is all forgotten. She even went as far as saying there will be no more border closures to domestic travel.

Lord Daddy will have to lock out QLD now.
Originally Posted by The ABC
Today's changes also permit Canberrans to travel to Greater Sydney from November 1 without the need to quarantine when they return, ending confusion over ongoing border arrangements between the two jurisdictions.

"Subject to the public health risk at the time, the ACT will remove the COVID-Affected Area declaration across NSW from 1 November," Mr Barr said. "This means that ACT residents will not have quarantine when they return to the territory from any part of NSW — including Greater Sydney. Source
Don't forget the ACT - afterall, if those filthy, infected NSWelshmen can freely travel to the ACT, then they cannot, under any circumstances, be allowed to use the ACT as a jumping-off point to get into WA. The way their State Daddy is carrying on, WA will be forced to lock out every state in Australia from around mid-December, if SA, the NT and Tasmania reopen too.
Originally Posted by 9 News
As South Australia looks towards reopening to the eastern states at the end of the year, the decision could see its border close in the west.

SA Premier Steven Marshall has previously said the state would shift from statewide border restrictions to locking out localised areas once COVID-19 vaccination rates reach 80 per cent.BHP’s September-quarter output dips on maintenance, train driver shortages

In response to that stance, WA Premier Mark McGowan said on Tuesday that he would wait and see what happened but would close the WA-SA border if necessary. "Obviously if South Australia then has community spread of the virus, they may regret that decision," he said. "And if they do, well obviously we'd take health advice, but most likely we would close to that jurisdiction." Source
EDIT: and following on from Rio Tinto announcing a major downgrade to their production outlook BHP has now followed suit - and guess what they mentioned? A shortage of Train Driver's - just as I'd put forward here two days ago - because there are nowhere near enough WA-based FIFO Driver's for the Pilbara operators, all 4 rely on interstate blokes, and it would appear I'm not the only one that has told their employer that I'll be back when the borders reopen...

BHP’s September-quarter output dips on maintenance, train driver shortages - it's a paywall at The West, but you get the idea...

Last edited by KRviator; 19th Oct 2021 at 00:49. Reason: Added the BHP bit.