PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF mandates Vaccine
View Single Post
Old 18th Oct 2021, 23:23
Xeptu

Received 71 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by theheadmaster
An employee can mandate a vaccination if it is lawful and reasonable. You don’t have to have a public health order for such a mandate to be lawful. Workers have been dismissed for refusing an employer mandated flu vaccination (not a public health order). Fair work found the dismissal was not unfair. What legal concept are you relying on to differentiate a flu vaccine from a COVID vaccine?
Is that right! I'm so glad I'm retired from the Airlines and the Stupidity industry has become. In truth it has always been there, like adding gear pins to the checklist because the chief pilot took off with them in, it took years to have that removed. I hope you boys are still wearing your spark resistant boots on the apron.

An employer may well be able to make such a mandate, that doesn't make it right. To terminate someone for non compliance of a flu shot, well it must be new. Just goes to show how many managers there are that shouldn't be.

I still won't be doing it. (making such a mandate) won't be policing anyone else's mandate either.