PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF mandates Vaccine
View Single Post
Old 18th Oct 2021, 22:17
43Inches

Received 415 Likes on 229 Posts
I have had a check captain tell me not to do the walk around with sunglasses on 😎 because I might miss something in the wheel well. I replied that I was clever enough to remove the sunglasses if I needed to due to differing light levels.
That's someone that really should not be a check captain. Going against basic OHS procedure which could open himself and the company to litigation should a number of hires 'happen' to get vision issues a few years later, same goes for hearing. Stick to policy and procedure, it's written to protect you and the company. Go outside it and you ride the wild train of 'I made it up' law. Why do companies now provide sunscreen, ear plugs etc, because they have to to protect themselves.

Disembarking an aircraft via the tarmac in the Gold Coast one morning, using the same walkway as the passengers, I was accosted by the airport security guy and was told that I wasn’t wearing my Hi Vis Vest and therefore could be subject to a fine. I asked him “how did you see me if I didn’t have my vest on?” He didn’t get it😂😂
By the way those passengers walking around are the legal responsibility of the company and PIC until they enter the terminal. When you walk airside not during normal embarkation you are technically not being supervised so hi-vis etc is required.