PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - London City-4
Thread: London City-4
View Single Post
Old 18th Oct 2021, 11:09
EGPO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Skipness One Foxtrot
I noticed yesterday the E2 is like the A220 and A318, restricted to the 20 stands and cannot taxi past the remainder.
Having read of this, and also reading of larger versions of the lateat, and arguably best airliners , flying for sheer versatility.

I wondered if like with other , difficult airports , the E295 , or E195-E2 and the Airbus A220-300 , I was under the impression that Swiss and Helvetic have both variants .

Anyway my question is, having read of ' Binter looking to open routes into perhaps the UK and elsewhere, LCY might be a good fit .
My question is, as I'm interested in these models , and just what they are capable of , so could they be contenders to operate from LCY? If a new Taxiway is built , one assumes it would be stronger, to perhaps ' future proof ' , larger aircraft .
Perhaps if The A220-300 Could operate would that in theory , given its range allow for a New York or Similar route .
Dubai perhaps ? .
I'm a keen follower of the new breed of aircraft, and for example , Jet Blue did imply Trans Atlantic operations for their A220's.