PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF mandates Vaccine
View Single Post
Old 18th Oct 2021, 05:33
Xeptu

Received 71 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by De_flieger
I think you may have misunderstood. NSW introduced mandates within certain industries and jobs, some people challenged this all the way up to the NSW Supreme Court. The challenge was dismissed, not the public health order / vaccine mandates. The Supreme Court, in a dry, formal sort of way, told the people making the challenges to go pound sand.
Precisely, "A PUBLIC HEALTH ORDER" made by an appropriate authority, for which I have no issue. The issue is a private/ listed company doing that for all of it's existing employees, whether that is required or not. In QF's case long haul flight crew are required to be vaccinated for the countries they operate to and the crew accept that in their agreements. The office girl or the baggage handler, those not impacted by any public health order hasn't agreed to that. That's where the objection to a company mandate is.

When I say a safe workplace and covid argument will never get up is in the case where someone claims to have been infected in a workplace, whether that be an employee or member of the public.