PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 2022 HeliOps Calendar Giveaway - That Time
Old 17th Oct 2021, 09:00
Flying Bull

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi Ned,
as always, great calendar!

what a year 2021 was (still is)

Being paid by the gov I really had no worries about the job and payment – which really was a bonus, I appreciate.

Travelling on the motorways, with many people doing home office, was also much more relaxing. By now it seems worse than before….

On the other side, quite a lot people died – my dad, my mother in law, some friends… :-(

Just to many around me got diagnostic different kinds of cancer :-( Time for some check up....
Also – a drug addict tried to drown me – which was not only an unpleasant – and wet experience but also showed me, that I´m not as fit as I thought I were….
But having done a lot of dunker training really helped me out to stay cool – and the guy went to jail – and even my smartphone survived ;-)

Interesting were the approaches to react to the COVID regulations.
From the odd testing on a daily basis – over regulations to prevent mixing of crews to flying with masks, adding a plastic wall between the cockpit and the rest of the helicopter and installing air filters.

The vaccination and its side effects were another story. Roughly two thirds of our crew suffered to various degrees.

On the pro side – my wife and I decided, that we won´t wait until retirement to buy a camper van.
So we looked around in the booming industry and found a cool deal.
With the first of December we will have an half year old Citroen Jumper for a good price, which will allow for spontaneous and planed trips with our dogs – without the hassle of booking accommodation ;-)

Greetings
"Flying Bull"