PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 2022 HeliOps Calendar Giveaway - That Time
Old 16th Oct 2021, 14:05
Bell_ringer

Received 57 Likes on 37 Posts
It's all been a bit surreal.
It has been a harder year, emotionally. Too many people no longer with us, colleagues, friends, family. It has taken a toll on many.
Living on the arse end of the world, you get used to things working a bit differently.
Seeing first world countries creating their own issues, things that the third world live with most days, is mildly amusing - welcome to the club, enjoy your stay.
Wealthy nations hogging vaccine supplies which cause longer term health and financial issues in poorer countries.
The same countries that they want to go holiday in. I'm alright Jack - that's not a good formula for success.
This year has made me acutely aware of how selfish and entitled many people are.
People who preach about freedom and rights, but have no respect for the price previous generations have paid to exercise them, and with little consideration for others.
I would like to think, hope really, that the next years will be better, but I suspect we have some bigger problems coming and those that can afford it the least, will pay the price.

On that positive note, it's vino o'clock.
Keep the head down, and keep moving forward.
BR

Last edited by Bell_ringer; 16th Oct 2021 at 14:08. Reason: typos