PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 16th Oct 2021, 06:11
Xeptu

Received 74 Likes on 44 Posts
I have 2 remote groups in SA and WA scheduled for their first dose on the 20th and 22nd Oct, these were scheduled weeks ago back in August. I was alarmed at how far away that was, now that the time approaches I worry that something goes wrong on the day. There has been no hesitancy but I'm aware it exists in the suburbs of the capital cities, you guys in Perth would know more about that.
I believe Marshall Stevens and Emperor McGowan are right not to set a date for opening, it's too crushing when it doesn't happen, one just needs to look at NSW to see what happens.
As we approach 80% double dosed I would expect more urgency around the need to get vaxxed for opening the borders and I would expect that to occur around mid November.

As I see it all going well, I should expect SA WA and the NT will open their borders about mid December and I would expect scomo to open the International border at the same time.

The best thing you guys can do is encourage the deliberate stragglers in the burbs particularly the teenagers, "come on get it done the virus will be here for Christmas" lets try not to have any covid illness until after the new year.