PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 16th Oct 2021, 04:47
aviation_enthus

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SOPS
May I ask.. why are you frustrated, Because we are not locked down, don’t have to wear masks.. can go to the pub.. what frustrates you?
The way this statement is made by many on here, it’s as if you believe you are the only place on the planet that has such “freedoms”.

Maybe within Australia you are doing better, but come the end of this year, I’d argue NSW (and maybe VIC in January) are going to have pretty similar quality of life, yet living with COVID.

Plenty of countries around the world are allowed to do all of the things you mention RIGHT NOW, with Covid cases…. Almost all of Europe is like this. The reality is once high rates of vaccination are achieved, the world moves on.

A lot of EU countries pushed vaccinations with various measures and then set a date to open up. McGowan needs to do the same. The people of WA need a reason to hurry and get vaccinated. At the moment I don’t think they have one.

PS, if you think WA will always be able to live like this without getting vaccinated, you’re living in La La Land. It’s inevitable that COVID will eventually get in. Same applies for QLD and the other states. So for this reason they also need to hurry up!!