PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Are we losing interest ? What's happening ?
Old 16th Oct 2021, 01:47
OZBUSDRIVER

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Sandy's photo has been used before as has a similar argument put by one D Smith many years ago complaining about the enormity of amendments and maps...all supplied FOC...that he and his chief pilot had to wade through every cycle. However, MCCoates has a point. I find myself only checking occasionally what is up on the board. Where once, a couple of days lapsed and you would find a full page of highlighted threads with new posts. Today? Only three threads active, including this one. Peoples, PPRUNE may be coming irrelevant. This place was the font of knowledge for all things Australian aviation. Arguments here led to changes in airspace. Truely, some heavy hitters walked these boards. Politics is a flavour many do not savor. I am a PPL but over the years people have considered my input by entering into argument in the spirit of same without the need to ad hom my "experience". For example, posts on the MNG thread and similar do not even raise a reply or contradictory argument. FB is not a good forum for airing opinions without being blasted by trolls. This type of forum is still sorely needed. Consider the fact that if PPRUNE was active around 1980, imagine the airing some of the regulatory changes would have copped in the proposition stage. Hope this place is still here in another twenty years.