PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australian pilots can work for US regionals.
Old 15th Oct 2021, 15:08
Kenny

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by havick
Just because it hasn’t been tested yet doesn’t mean it won’t happen.

Have you actually read the flow clauses the various AA wholly owneds?
Easy Tiger.....This isn't the first time in the last 20 years there have been preferential interviews or flow-throughs. It's always been a set-in-stone requirement to gain employment with a legacy or major that you have the "Unrestricted" right to live and work in the US. So US passport or Green Card, anything else has restrictions on where you can work and for whom. For any company to offer employment to an E3, they'd have to reapply for the E3 status. Is that not correct; it's not transferable as far as I know.

You've been here a while and I know you've had the odd "sh!tty" comment made about being a foreigner here. Can you imagine the sh!t storm if United, Delta, or AA started effectively sponsoring foreigners? ALPA, DALPA, and the APA would lose their collective minds. I'm not saying it won't ever happen, just that we are a long way from a point where the majors are that desperate for pilots, that they'd take on that particular hot potato.

Now I think about it, if history is anything to go by, no one has probably thought about it or even considered what happens with E3's that become eligible for a flow position. They'll probably go "Huh" the first time they have an E3 get to that position and realize they can't do it. And at that point any contractual language will be spelt out, to make it clear.

Last edited by Kenny; 15th Oct 2021 at 15:30.