PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 15th Oct 2021, 14:25
dr dre

Received 359 Likes on 197 Posts
Originally Posted by WingNut60
And just in, from the West Australian newspaper :-
I’ve noticed The West has a habit of putting loaded headlines on paywalled articles as a draw card to get you to subscribe, and then the article text usually paints a less sensationalist picture. I’d really like to know the specifics of the article and the exact questions the poll asked.

I would assume the questions asked were referring to the situation when the survey was conducted, which was probably over the last few weeks, whilst the double vax rate was only 50%. It will be a different story at 80%.

A question like “do you support a border closure now whilst infections in NSW and Victoria remain high?” is going to get a different response to “do you support support border closures once WA vaccination levels are higher?”.

In a way, as the headline indicates support for the “stance” of the government, as the government is making tangible moves to get ready for reopening then I guess 82% support it according to that headline? Even today there was more talk about this, getting the populace used to it.

Last edited by dr dre; 15th Oct 2021 at 14:50.