PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 15th Oct 2021, 12:31
dr dre

Received 359 Likes on 197 Posts
Originally Posted by Transition Layer
My point is that given a choice between closed borders and no masks, with Marky keeping people safe, OR open borders with potential mask mandates, the inbred bogan majority of WA would prefer the former. The pathetic vaccine rates suggest the same.
1. They’re not going to be given that choice. Premier, Health minister, Police chief have all said a reopening will occur with a mask mandate and capacity restrictions, and there’s no opposition party calling to remain closed off with no masks, nor can I think of any external pressure group organising protests to remain closed off without masks.

2. The vaccine uptake was low due to supply being diverted to NSW. The uptake of the available vaccine in the state is rated as “Fully Utilised” with little to no spare available in the last Health Department weekly update (page 18 here).

3. The number of first doses plus bookings for doses in the state is over 80%, so the required amount of people are intending to take it up.

4. All indications on WA, Qld and SA reaching 80% within a week of each other in early December. Now I’ve been watching those projected target dates semi religiously over the vaccine rollout and they’ve pretty much remained in that position for a while. This means the rate of uptake in the Covid free states is steady and all will hit their targets around that time. Very unlikely now any state will fall short.

So there’s reason and evidence to be positive about the situation, messaging is now changing towards a reopen and living with Covid mindset.

Last edited by dr dre; 15th Oct 2021 at 12:41.