PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LGW BA lite
Thread: LGW BA lite
View Single Post
Old 15th Oct 2021, 06:37
P1969

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good luck

Good luck to you all at BA, particularly those who are getting the opportunity to return to the skies at long last.
I left last year after 15 amazing years on the triple, partly due to mental health issues, so when BA offered VR, I declined the offer of entering any of the pools and fell on my sword! Part of my reasoning for doing so, a small part admittedly, was that at the age of 50 it would be better to let a younger person have the chance of the great career that I had than for me to cling on. I’d had enough of the sleep deprivation too.
There were about 4500 pilots on the MSL when I left. In a group of diverse people of that size, some will be selfish, some will not. In my experience, the vast majority were good eggs who were far from selfish.
As an aside, for anybody dithering about retiring, if personal circumstances allow of course, I would recommend it. I am significantly poorer financially than I was whilst flying, but much, much richer in other ways and my mental health is A1 again. Do I miss trying to sleep in the oily, smelly high vis jacket at 30W? Nah!
Best to all.