PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bird strike, Ryanair flight 2131 13 October 2021
Old 14th Oct 2021, 13:08
wiggy

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Well the OP asked for some professional comment on this and as an ex-pro I must admit to having some sympathy with Sleeve Wing’s POV…what sort comment is expected that would regarded as “helpful”?.

All any of us can tell pro, ex-pro or neither, from the info to hand, is that an aircraft took off, hit bird (not that uncommon an event), the crew dealt with it and landed safely…..

If pressed for further comment then I’d have to say I’m also in agreement with Alphaman all sorts of variables on the day in question that may have had an effect on the profile flown on the incident flight, and that’s before we even consider the bird strike.

That event then in itself chucks other factors into the process, such as time needed to go through checklists/analysis/fault finding/decision making, based on matters we are not privy to. I certainly don’t think one can make any assumptions about the level of engine damage or that “..turning right immediately for an emergency landing (with a hold) at LPL would have been the obvious course.”

Last edited by wiggy; 14th Oct 2021 at 13:43.