PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NETJETS Europe hiring again
View Single Post
Old 12th Oct 2021, 12:54
pilotarosa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Globally Challenged
Not true. Currently you are either on a UK contract or Portuguese (only for those actually based there I think). The figures quoted are pre-tax.

Each country seems to be a bit different. I can only speak about UK bases but our per-diems are now mostly taxed which is obviously annoying.

So it comes down to the double taxation rules between the UK and your gateway.

It’s a hot topic with the union right now and I suspect EU contracts are on the horizon finally as I think it will be mandated by law soon.

Our Dutch and Danish colleagues are particularly badly hit by this currently.
I am one of the old timers in NJE. European base,UK contract as everyone else who is not based in Lisbon. We get a NT code from HRMC, as our economic employer is in Lisbon. Then from the salary the company deduct the Portuguese non resident taxes. Portugal has double taxation agreement with most countries where we are gatewayed. In my case I do a tax declaration in Italy and pay the difference if there is any (normally not from the salary). Per Diem are 70 euros tax free. I suggest to not count per Diem as part of your salary, but as pocket money for when u are on tour. N.I. I still pay it in UK but the grandfather rights will finish soon and will need to choose where to pay it.