PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight deck positions at FlyDubai Master Thread - Merged
Old 12th Oct 2021, 11:57
skysod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have just revisited this thread after a prolonged period not looking at pprune.
I am now in my 13th year with Flydubai and can honestly say that I have thoroughly enjoyed my time here.
I have never had a problem with management or anyone else for that matter.
If you do your job properly then you have nothing to fear.
Even if you mess up...so long as it was not deliberate or grossly negligent then you will find the safety department very understanding and sympathetic.
Yes.....there is a good deal of night flying to be done, but since the bidding process has been suspended, then the more senior guys like myself have to do their fair share.....I don’t like it, but fully understand the rationale behind it.
It is true that our terms and conditions have been eroded somewhat since the pandemic, but I think the company's response to the current aviation crisis has been better than most.
Of course this is Dubai, so your employment rights are not what you would find in the EU, and the company can virtually do as they please with your only recourse to resign if you don’t like it.
If you can accept that then I believe that you can truly be happy here and would have to go a long way to find a nicer bunch of guys (and 'gals') to fly with.
BTW, I am nothing to do with management and am just a regular line Captain.