PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair interviews and sim assessments - 2
Old 12th Oct 2021, 11:23
Nineshsimbers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lazydogg

Someone like yourself should really learn how to read. You said I was preaching that RYR pilots have *never* anywhere else? I never said that. Don’t twist my words. And I will not say which airline I recruited for previously, for obvious reasons.

In normal times, there is a very big turnover cycle of pilots through RYR. Do people not realise that? My point is the relative number (percentage wise) who pass compared to other airlines’ pilots - it’s very poor. That does not mean that RYR pilots are unable to join any other company. You mentioned several carriers that RYR pilots have transferred to other operators and you are not wrong.

The standards of training within Ryanair are great; the safety record is first rate. I never said it wasn’t, however I cant help but laugh at all the people on LinkedIn and Instagram who are overjoyed at paying 30k (a type rating course costs a lot less by the way in case you didn’t realise) with no guarantee of a job, paying for your own uniform. It is so unethical. Unbelievable. The fact is a number (small or large) of people will be laid off after the training contract. It has happened before and it will happen again. Unfortunately some just wont meet the standard, that happens a lot in RYR. They may get extra sectors, or they will get binned. Binned after paying for a type rating/conversion course which the company made a profit from and paid awful wages too throughout.

Anyone has a right to question the low cost mentality, the management who hate pilots. Management that have had the audacity to put pilots as contractors and self employed contracts. CEO who doesn’t like the pilots. If it wasn’t for BALPA, it would be VERY bad.