PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 2003 QANTAS cadet industry placement
View Single Post
Old 20th Dec 2003, 15:48
jcbp3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 QANTAS cadet industry placement

In reply to the comments made in previous postings with reagrd to the 2003 cadets being placed in air north etc etc.., i disagree with certain comments made about the cadets having the easy way there. Many of these guys and girls have worked several non-aviation jobs for many years to have a shot at the cadetship, then when they finally do get in, i don't think that just because they are getting turbine jobs with only 200 hours, that there should be soo much negative feeling towards these guys. just because they have been sloggin there guts out at woolies for a few years to save up the cash instead of out in the bush, should not make much difference about having it "easy".

As for the issue with regard to the standard of proficiency that exists after only 200 hours..well i don't think that is as big as people have made out. sure..it still is only about 250 hours total in the end, but this flying has been specifily tailored to train for these positions. pilots that have flown with some of these guys have been amazed with the level of polish that they fly with after only so little time, and in many instances have reported more technical knowlege and general flying ability then compared to other direct entry f/o's conterparts.

i am only the first to admit that at the end of the day, there is still no substitue for the actual hands on experience that can be acquired through GA, but if you were one of these guys..would you really knock the oppurtunity back to do this type of flying?

i am interested in any feedback that might be out there?

J