PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glen Buckley and Australian small business -V- CASA
Old 11th Oct 2021, 05:58
AerialPerspective

Received 64 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by ClippedWing
Reminds me of Cromwell's speech to the Long Parliament, or Leo Amery's to Neville Chamberlain: ''You have sat too long here for any good you have been doing. In the name of God, go!
One of my favourite movies is the 1970 movie Cromwell with Richard Harris. It's a bit over-acted in parts but having read a lot about Cromwell, it uses enough of his quotes that are on record to make up for any slight exaggerations in some of the script.......

That event you refer to is acted brilliantly in the movie - one of the 'parliamentarians' says to Cromwell "You can't speak to us like that, we are parliamentarians" to which Cromwell snaps back "YOU are SCUM Sir and a truly unelected scum at that - has this house gone even ONCE to the people it purports to represent.... drunkards, tricksters, villains, whore-masters.... you are no more capable of running the affairs of this nation than you are of running a brothel... this is NO parliament, I shall put an end to your sitting, I hereby declare this parliament DISSOLVED".

Where are you Oliver???? We need you now.......