PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 10th Oct 2021, 12:55
dr dre

Received 359 Likes on 197 Posts
Originally Posted by Transition Layer
This guy must really dislike his own family in NSW. Guess he doesn’t want them coming to Xmas in Rocko! They can FaceTime him from Singapore, it’s the same time zone at least
Actually you might have some reason to be hopeful, the Health Minister this week indicated reopening would be, like all other states, around “end of the year”. We know the Covid chief has been given a Dec 31 deadline, the mining industry has been mandated and remote indigenous communities will preparing to be be separately isolated whilst the rest of the state is open. That was a concern that the entire state would be isolated while remote community vax rates remained low but now it seems they’ll independently isolated whilst the rest of the state is open. We know the WA first doses plus forward bookings are over 80% and pretty much all get one dose get two, and as the need for vaccines in NSW is decreased this can be redistributed elsewhere. I believed they’ve bought bookings forward which has also bought the projected 80% date forward too.

Seems to be a change in tone, with the government now taking about mask mandates and capacity restrictions in order to change the mindset of population. My personal thought is a hustle to get vaccinated pre Christmas and a reopening close to it, and I think they’ll be very close to when Qld, SA, Tas and NT open, a matter of a few weeks at most.