PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Will we always be wearing masks on aircraft now?
Old 10th Oct 2021, 08:27
willy wombat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well I came back to London from Dubai on Friday. Had to wear a mask through the hotel’s public areas, in the Emirates Chauffeur Drive car, all through DXB airport (but was allowed to remove it while seated in the EK Business Lounge), on the aircraft except when eating or drinking, all through LHR T3 and in the EK Chauffeur Drive car home. Total elapsed time hotel room to home approximately 12 hours, 30 minutes. Do I like wearing a mask? No. Do I think it’s a good idea for everyone travelling to wear a mask? Emphatically yes. Is the paperwork and endless repeated checks of PCR test results, UK Government Passenger Locator forms, proof of vaccination a pain in the backside? Yes (handy hint - print them off as it makes the checking process much faster). Are people willing to travel with all this hassle? Well all I can say is that both EK A380s were virtually full. Was it worth it for me and Mrs Wombat to have a great break (first time out the UK for 22 months)? Yes, yes, yes.
And as a PS, we got our day 2 PCR test results overnight - both negative.