PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Luton-10
Thread: Luton-10
View Single Post
Old 10th Oct 2021, 06:36
Dannyboy39

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LTNman

Again, this is BS. This time last year people were predicting the end of business traffic and as such airlines were packing out leisure routes. Business traffic is now returning. People will still book their annual holidays and City breaks as people see this as a necessary trip.

I know it’s fashionable to knock the airport - and certainly some of it is very much deserved, but every airline and airport on the planet has suffered because of Covid. Having over 770K people in August is a good result, no? It’s money going back into the coffers… that is still over 9M pax over the 12 months at that rate at an airport that is no longer reliant on summer bucket and spade routes. I thought some on here wanted the airport to handle fewer passengers due to congestion?

Ive been through the airport I think 4x since the start of August - the airport is getting busier and busier but of course there is some way to go. Unless there is a real Covid resurgence (which clearly the travel industry can’t do anything about), there will be 1M passengers a month very soon again. I think it’ll be at least next summer or maybe 2023 before we get back to 2019 levels in the U.K. although in the US this is already happening, and the rest of Europe is getting close to this too.

What I’m seeing is that a lot of airlines have got rid of aircraft and now haven’t got the capacity for the longer term.