PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF mandates Vaccine
View Single Post
Old 10th Oct 2021, 02:06
Troo believer

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Xeptu
Are they antivaxxers or anti mandate, being an anti mandate, like myself doesn't mean antivaxer.
I agree with you, I wouldn't act for an antivaxxer, but I would and have for anti mandate. We are not doing it,
Just to clarify whom you are from your comments, are you a lawyer? If so why this forum and not an equivalent law forum? Just curious. Are you looking to gauge a reaction for a class action perhaps?

So there are now two camps apparently.
“Antivaxxers”
“Antimandaters” to vaccination but not anti vaxxers per se.

How is it for professional pilots in particular whom are required to abide by a myriad of strict rules governing the operation in order to keep things disciplined on the flight deck primarily for safety, are questioning the vaccine mandate as unlawful. How can you be so disciplined in one sphere and yet so recalcitrant in another? Would you push a minima? No. Would you let the joker sitting next to you bust a limit knowingly? No. Would you disregard a checklist, thinking you have a better solution? No. So why is it, that for antimandater airline pilots that have spent thousands of hours maintaining a disciplined, safety conscious operation, are now questioning a rule/mandate that ultimately will keep them safe and healthy, relatively.

Is it more to do with your individuality or being told what to do? Are you anti authority? We all suffer from crap rules sometimes. I’ve had my fair share of security altercations that’s for sure, but to put your job on the line for it appears unbalanced. The consequences for complying with the mandate verses saying NO are pretty compelling for YES. Perhaps pride is clouding your logic. I’m afraid I just don’t understand at the end of the day.