PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF mandates Vaccine
View Single Post
Old 9th Oct 2021, 22:56
43Inches

Received 425 Likes on 233 Posts
From flight staff perspective, I doubt there are any antivaxxers, that's something all of us knew would be necessary when we signed up. The issue will be the 3% the vaccine simply doesn't work for, which in a practical sense is no different to an unvaccinated person.
There are anti-vaxxers and there are the principle holders against mandatory jabs, both types exist in aircrew. I've met both types. I'm generally against mandatory vaccination, however It's not a strong position that I would ruin my career over. So no, I won't be striking or taking action for it as I see the benefit of being vaccinated over not, greater good, so on....

I look at this from the medical point of view, the vaccination does far less harm, and has better outcomes than getting the virus. So the vaccination wins my vote. If others take it to mandatory settings, it has no real harm and has benefits. The only real downside is the loss of some rights of choice. I could still choose to go un-vaccinated and restrict my movement potential and career choices and be legal. I could choose to forge documents and say I'm vaccinated and be illegal, just like I could choose to run a red light today and close my eyes for fun, nothing stopping me from doing it.