PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CCleaner-ing several times a day.
View Single Post
Old 9th Oct 2021, 21:53
Loose rivets
Psychophysiological entity

Location: Tweet Rob_Benham Famous author. Well, slightly famous.
Received 33 Likes on 16 Posts
Using FireFox with undemanding tabs. I see I've got two aimed at The Science Space. Six at the most, and that's only because I'm forgetful.

Many months, if not a couple of years, I came on this forum to talk about upgrading this board. However, I've 'loaned' the Rivetess my only other machine and I doubt I'll get her HP going again. Last one she ran videos of family etc., hour after hour. I suggested this was a bad thing, so she did it more. Then it went black and I spent two eternities trying to Re-ball it. Even got it going for a moment, but on the detailed rebuild, it failed for the last time. I won the next one for her by saving all the photos a blonde friend had loaded on it. She'd gone all over the UK photographing cathedrals and trusted them all to her Australian HP. I had the choice of UBUNTU or trying my old restore disc which came with my Vista years before. I took the safe route. Then I tried the restore disc, and it worked. Could have saved a day's hard slog. Anyway she gifted her HP to me. They were amazing machines. Altec Lancing sound, and built like a substantial piece of furniture. Ran well on W7 - till now.

Anyway, the point being, messing with my PC is a bit frightening now I've got no boxes of bits. I spend hours of solitude staring at my HP screen, which thanks to paying the insurance thing, is the 5th one I tried before getting one with nice text. All the others had differing thickness of the vertical text component. Any road up, I dread a failure while so diminished with whatever ails me so am disinclined to undo one screw that I don't have to.

I will return . . . possibly.