PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - L3 blows the lid off the "Integrated v Modular" debate!
Old 9th Oct 2021, 19:57
spitfirejock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alex is right, schools are losing instructors to the airlines fast in the USA and the shortage of experienced highly qualified instructors is just around the corner, in fact it has started. I think we will be back to 2019 recruitment levels my mid-next year in the USA.

From the intel coming my way, the UK/EASA approved schools in the USA are extremely short of instructors compared to student demand. A couple of the longest established schools are down to just 2 or 3 instructors which is a fraction of previous numbers. All this will mean higher prices and a lot of glum faces from people who might kick themselves for not training during the COVID era when prices were, quite frankly, ridiculously low. Whilst I understand why the industry almost ground to a halt, the media was overwhelming, I have always been skeptical of the gloom and doom merchants on forums like this. IMHO, cautious optimism is better for one's health and feels better!

Of course, GO MODULAR - certainly my record stuck in the same groove!