PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas to lay out roadmap for restart of international flights
Old 9th Oct 2021, 06:40
compressor stall

Received 139 Likes on 63 Posts
Always the patriot sandgroper. Sure it used to be cheaper to go to Bali than Rotto, but those ~30 flights a week meant 2/5 of 5/8 of what's 300km beyond Leonora for the rest of the country, they look a lot further afield. And how will you get back into WA with your winnebago when it's the last place trying to be COVID free? It would be good travelling through Longreach again though - a lot less crowded as the grey nomads who've bought the Jayco and the 200 series are selling them and heading to cruise the Danube.

And last time I looked most of the China tourist traffic came in on Chinese carriers - in a lovely closed loop zero sum tourism system. The absence of those flights - and draconian Chinese quarantine - might in fact push Aussies who had gone that way for the cheaper fares to Europe onto QF / EK / SIN. Can't be a bad thing?

Demand is there for travel. I was on a 380 a couple of months back, chockers downstairs in economy, quarantine had just been abandoned for returning residents so there was a surge of families outbound to see rellies they hadn't seen for 2 years. I'd never seen so many kids on a fight. Business upstairs a bit under half.

Your last sentence is the only cogent bit.