PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas to lay out roadmap for restart of international flights
Old 9th Oct 2021, 03:34
Potsie Weber

Received 20 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Global Aviator
Yep very well said, as we know it’s a dynamic situation with many countries requiring different levels of stupid. Being international crew in the chief stupid countries makes life very hard. It must be a weird feeling down route as your heading to the hotel for in room quarantine while crew from xyz head to the room then out for dinner.

It simply must get better over time, the sooner the better. Jo public has no idea really of the sacrifices pilots are living, maybe people in the tourism field realise but general Jo no idea.

I have many mates that have done multiple 14 days, be it in a hotel, home or a mix, absolute respect. Yes they still have a job but the mental toll must be excruciating.

Lets just hope with QF pushing hard that the Aus gov follow suit and allow life to get back to a semblance of normal. I can’t see how anyone could begrudge QF for trying.
The other issue that has not been addressed are close contacts. With international flights resuming a much more normal cabin service than the strict protocols of the current repatriation flights, you would expect crew numbers testing positive will increase.

NSW is going to 7 days isolation for close contacts who are fully vaxxed, but that still means many crew are likely to be sent to isolation from being a close contact from an infected crew member. Even domestically, the crew from the virgin positive crew member case are all being classed as close contacts. I can foresee a huge number of crew being required to isolate from being a close contact, both international and domestic, as we open up more.

Last edited by Potsie Weber; 9th Oct 2021 at 04:05.