PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Doncaster Sheffield-3
View Single Post
Old 8th Oct 2021, 20:58
skyviewer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
On 28 July I booked DSA-ALC for Tues 14 Sept & ALC-DSA for Thurs 7 Oct. and booked local car hire to match.
On 6 Aug I was notified that ALC-DSA would now be re-scheduled to Tues 5 Oct. & requested change to car hire.
On 25 Aug I was notified that ALC-DSA would be re-scheduled to Wed 6 Oct & requested another change to car hire, fortunately with small family company who, although having a very busy period were able to accommodate the changes.
Again, fortunately, we have our own property so didnt have to amend rental dates.
Whilst we were away, met with friends who had travelled from DSA with Wizz. They had originally booked DSA-ALC-DSA with Wizz last year & had 3 return journeys cancelled so this their 1st trip with Wizz. A few days before departing DSA they had booked another DSA-ALC-DSA with Wizz for 30 Oct - 20 Nov. During our meeting they looked angry & frustrated. Just been notified that the ALC-DSA return leg had been re-scheduled to 30 Oct. THE SAME DAY, PLANE & CREW that they arrived with.
We also heard by phone from other friends still in UK who the previous week had booked with Wizz DSA-ALC-DSA for 20 Oct - 10 Nov. They had just been notified that ALC-DSA return leg had been rescheduled to 23 Oct. 3 DAYS after they arrive. They had just re-booked for similar dates from LBA with LS. A lot more cost plus £100 to park car.
We are all typical of many regular travellers on this route from DSA, some who we know personally.

So you are very correct in describing the unreliability & lack of passenger confidence with Wizz in the future.
Incidentally, our outbound on 14 Sept had approx 80 to 90 passengers & return 2 days ago was almost full, presumably from consolidating the 2 originally scheduled flights.
I have already been looking at flights to ALC for several trips next year from either LBA or EMA whether Wizz operates it or not. We live 5 minutes from DSA & I think we are representative of a great number of potential passenger.