PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - US Nuclear sub has hit an unknown object in the South China sea
Old 8th Oct 2021, 15:06
Doors Off

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Richard Dangle
Just to put a little more meat on what TS already posted...submarines are normally passive on patrol. An inert uncharted object is therefore undectable, so no concerns from that perspective.

If it was emitting any sort of noise, or was a charted feature, everything changes. Unlike on the tele prog "Vigil" (unmitigated 100% unwatchable, unforgivenly insane, infantile f******** horse manure) submarines do not surface under Bulk Carriers (or if they ever do someone is losing their command and getting Court Martialed).
OMG, are you saying that a fictional Drama TV series isn’t actually accurate? Here I was thinking that it was. Shame on me.

Now, to be slightly more polite, I understand your frustration at some (a lot) of the nonsense in Vigil, let alone the required modern love story that is required to obtain production funding in today’s Politically sensitive funding environment. However, it was an ok series, not great, but ok.

I put my “civi” eyes on and “mil BS Filter” (especially the poor construction of the boot neck headwear (sorry calling it a beret when they are so inaccurately shaped, pains me - we all have our triggers)) and managed to enjoy it.

On a more realistic note, here is hoping that all of the crew heal well and get back on guard soon.