PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF mandates Vaccine
View Single Post
Old 8th Oct 2021, 09:45
De_flieger

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Xeptu
Does anyone actually know if there are any antivaxers working at Qantas. Wouldn't have thought there would be many.
There'll be a lot less in a few months! In any large group you'll probably find a few - technical competence or even excellence in one area, say aviation, doesn't always translate to even rudimentary understanding of other complex fields, despite what some of these people seem to think. I've heard various people with many years as pilots explaining how it's all a conspiracy about control or somesuch, or that the vaccines will change your DNA based on the Youtube videos theyve watched, or some obnoxious Holocaust references.

Would I be happy with them flying one engine out in a gusty crosswind? Absolutely. Did their CPL or ATPL come with a medical degree attached? Not even close - they are at the level of they don't even know what they don't know. The doctors and medical researchers will look at them in the same way as you or I look at those unfortunate Afghans clinging to the side of the C-17s departing Kabul with a smile on their face - they're smiling, happy and confident explaining this narrative about vaccines and the New World Order based on their Facebook videos, as the Afghans were sitting on the undercarriage structure of a cargo aircraft rolling down the runway, because they lack even the basic understanding of how wrong they are and what could actually happen. The most insidious or effective part of the whole problem has been that a big part of the conspiracy theory is that all the mainstream medical researchers and media are in on it, so any reputable sources that could inform them otherwise are automatically viewed as corrupt and the conspiracy narrative is reinforced.