PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glen Buckley and Australian small business -V- CASA
Old 8th Oct 2021, 02:50
AerialPerspective

Received 64 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by megan
Have you emptied your bile tank? Should we run a contest to see which side of politics you support?
Far from 'bile', I happen to think what has been done to Glen is absolutely atrocious and amoral but sadly, it fits the profile of this current government to a tee - I said at the outset, it doesn't matter who you support politically (and just because I criticise them, doesn't mean I support the other side either, but feel free to enlighten me to similar actions by the other side if you like, I don't think you'll find either the extent or the quantity evident in this current government), this government is the most morally corrupt in Australian history - plenty to poke a stick at on the other side of politics too but as far as I'm aware they haven't used an aid program to spy on a friendly country, after which the principles just happened to end up getting consultancy gigs with the company that stood to benefit and who gets prosecuted?? Oh, the whistleblower and his lawyer of course - need I mention robodebt and the complete refusal to answer any questions about anything - and what has become standard government practice in the last 7 years, pursuing, on ridiculous 'secrecy' laws ANYONE who even criticizes the government or any of its programs.

In that environment is it any wonder CASA is allowed to walk all over anyone as do other government departments when the lesson is there for all to see.

Do a google search if you like for one similar example involving Border Farce and the way they treated Nancy Bird-Walton's niece, an Australian Citizen, banging on her door in the middle of the night and threatening her with deportation. Her mother was from PNG so I guess that's how they 'profiled' her - there's a major newspaper story from a couple of years ago. What's worse, is her father was considered a hero and decorated by both the Australian and US Navies for his actions during WWII and a bunch of goons, empowered by this government torment his daughter when she's an Australian citizen. Now, let me see, where have I heard of Australian citizens being deported before, that's right, during Howard's government - I seem to remember at least half a dozen people languishing on the streets in foreign countries because they were wrongly deported - one was a Qantas Flight Attendant FFS.

The fact you dismiss it as bile, suggests you might think what has been done to so many people by this incompetent administration is perfectly OK.