PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CCleaner-ing several times a day.
View Single Post
Old 7th Oct 2021, 17:16
Loose rivets
Psychophysiological entity

Location: Tweet Rob_Benham Famous author. Well, slightly famous.
Received 37 Likes on 18 Posts
Win 10 auto-updated.

Yes, pictures like The Ambassadors in the low gigs. Nothing too demanding.
The Scan Disc is a fairly early SSD. ULTRA II. I suppose I could shove the partition over a bit to give more shoulder-room but when I went to solid state, 100 gigs was right to dedicate to the OS.

Memory was a PITA, probably why the guy sold the MB. My type a bazillion quid where others were a few quid. It may be things have changed but I've gone all dim and feeble lately and just haven't got the motivation to build kit. Mostly because of the Keys to the OS's. Upgrading this from W7 went smoothly until I got to Enter Key. In desperation, I entered the key of a fine old PC that had been abandoned in the US. Years old. That worked. I have no idea why. None of the search programs revealed a valid key. I'd just assumed that when this PC falls over, I'll have to get a new one. But, that didn't work last time. I went to put a new SSD into a Lenovo new in the box, but old stock. W8. I'd upgraded it to w10 and the 1TB hard drive accepted a partition, but would not accept a new 'front end' SSD. The BIOS was unlike anything I'd ever encountered. Lenovo would NOT help at all. Over a year, F OFF. I wasn't sorry to see it go, it was a reasonable spec piece of tin and tinsel.

I do spend a bit of time in Task Manager now and then. FireFox is by far and away the biggest typical user with 512mb and 300ish in Apps.

My problem is finding out how the Universe works before I pop off, and I'm failing in that. Of my 45 watches, at least ten need fettling - with old ones for spares now costing a fortune.

I'll need to dig into the MB soon. There's been a tube of heat paste lying nearby for 18months since last clean out. S'funny.
I can't see it. It'll be somewhere.

This afternoon I finally gave way on a tooth I've been hanging onto for 30 years. I'll come back to this when I've recovered.